Monday 6 June 2016

Oriental Beauty in Vung Tau




Fortune Cookie 

茶是安静,我们对它的渴望永远 不会远离我们对美的渴求

Tea is quiet and our thirst for it is never far from our craving for beauty






Dong Fan Meiren, another name for Oriental Beauty.

It's a delicious tea made by a painstaking process. Some say to steep it at 70 degrees but I don't enjoy tea at that low temperature. 80 degrees does for me. My experience of this tea is that it provides flavour for up to 4 steeps.

The eyes can drink the tea before the hot water passes over it. It's multiple colours are tantalising. Dong Fan Meiren, sometimes known as white tip oolong, includes green, rust, brown, white and yellow.

The flavour is distinctive and I find no other tea is like this one. It isn't my favourite tea because I prefer one with a slow developing aftertaste and this frontloads itself onto the palate. That said it is a beautiful tea in the world of tea and I smile when I think about it.

Please visit Singing Bird Tea for a small range of Vietnamese made teas including Oolongs, green, black, flower and wild tree white, green and black teas.





For the tea diary visit the SingingBirdTeaDiary














My mother Jean and Thuy on Spring break.

Both enjoyed Oriental Beauty, and at other times a very fresh Spring Baozhong both from north Taiwan and a distinctive shan tuyet green from the northern Lieng Son Mountains of Vietnam.





Happy Tea Drinking!


Please visit Singing Bird Tea for a small range of Vietnamese made teas including Oolongs, green, black, flower and wild tree white, green and black teas.

singingbirdtea.com/


No comments: